- serves 2 adults
- prep time 5m
- cooking time 15m - 20m
|3||Bananas, very ripe bananas|
|1 scoop||Macro Mike Banoffee Pie Protein+ Powder|
|1/3 cup||Cacao powder|
|3/4 cup||Dark chocolate chips|
|1 cup||Almond milk|
|2 tbsp||Macro Mike Salted Caramel PB+ Peanut Butter|
|3/4 cup||Coconut sugar|
|1 ½ cup||Whole wheat flour (sift 3-4 times to allow air in for baking), or gluten free flour|
|1/3 cup||Coconut oil|
|1 tsp||Vanilla bean paste|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||Baking soda|
|1/2 tsp||Pink Himalayan salt|
Created by: @jessica_obrien91
Don't throw away those old bananas! They're perfect in this chocolate peanut butter banana bread recipe, which is 100% plant based and uses coconut sugar instead of icky refined sugar. Are you ready to get your bake on?!
- protein 5g
- fat 1.6g
- carbs 13g
- calories under 92
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mash bananas in a bowl until smooth in texture.
- Then add coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla bean paste, and almond milk and mix until smooth and well combined.
- In a separate bowl, shift the flour, protein powder, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, and Himalayan salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet a third at a time, and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips until they are evenly dispersed in the mixture, and then pour into bread pan.
- Mix PB with a little water at a time until smooth consistency.
- Drizzle the peanut butter on top and take a knife, and swirl to loosely disperse over the top of the banana bread.
- Bake in the oven for roughly 50-60 minutes, or until cake has risen and is cracked on top.
- If you insert a toothpick, it should come out clean; there might be a tiny bit of chocolate on it, but that's ok, it will be nice and moist.
- You may find you need to pop your bread back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- Leave the bread to cool the in pan for 10 minutes once removed from the oven.
- Turn out onto wire rack and let cool for another 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve with your favourite topping, like honey or more PB!